Role: Back-end Developer Operations Engineer under security practice
Duration: Contacrt to Hire.
Location: 2355 Dulles Corner Blvd, Herndon VA 20171
2 step screen: phone then in person face to face.
I need to open a backfill position for a Mid to Senior level developer.
The Backend Developer will be a key member of our infrastructure development team. This team develops network-connected backend services, as well as web-based interfaces. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic and passionate engineering professional, have expertise in a variety of fields, and be able to professionally represent CenturyLink in customer facing meetings.
- Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing Python based applications and APIs
- Integrate with APIs created by other members of the team, or by a third-party
- Maintaining a suite of Python based automated tests
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in the projects agile process
- Creating technical requirements and working with the Engineering team to develop, test and launch the functionality on-time and with high quality
- Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 3+ years of related experience.
- Experience in technology/tools specific to Unix and Linux.
- Experience with Python
- Ability to design and maintain long term software system with a small team of developers
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Quick learner, able to learn new technology and software
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a team member
- Experience / Qualifications:
- Ability to debug and verify network traffic using wireshark/tcpdump or other related tools
- Strong understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking concepts
- Experience with configuration management tool such as Ansible
- Exposure to continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Docker
- Optional skills desired
- Red Hat/CentOS
- Security Framework Experience such as FISMA, PCI, or FedRamp.
Office: (678) 666-4747 x4004
Fax: (888) 601 4646