Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers. Responsibilities
The Back End Software Developer
provides expertise and direction in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific software systems. Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software. The work includes: creating and refining user stories and acceptance criteria; designing, developing, implementing, and supporting applications using Java technologies; coordinating and collaborating with others in analyzing requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations; building and confirming deliverables with the customer; developing and executing unit and component test plans, developing technical documentation in support of new development, upgrades, and enhancements; and interacting with the customer to gain an understanding of the business and technological requirements.
The specific responsibilities are as outlined:
- Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify solutions.
- May act as a team leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates the team decision making process.
- Analyzes requirements, develops/refines user stories, and estimate user stories
- Develops code.
- Develops independently; participates in code reviews.
- Develops and executes unit and component test plans.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Conducts system demonstrations with the customer.
- Participates as a senior member of an Agile software development team.
#LI-CKTRIANO Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires 5+ years with BS/BA
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Requires a minimum TS/SCI government security clearance (-OR- TS clearance with willingness to obtain TS/SCI).
- Work location in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Remote work not accepted.
- Cloud Services (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Continuous Integration & Delivery Pipelines (Gitlab, Jira, Jenkins, VS Code, Ansible, Tower, Satellite, OpenShift)
- Automated Testing (Pester, Molecule, SonarQube, QA Complete )
- Database experience (PostgreSQL, SQL, noSQL, and/or Graph)
- Streaming Data Technologies (NiFi, Kinesis, Kafka, Storm, or similar)
- 5+ years experience writing code using languages such as Java, C, C++, C#
- 1-2+ years deploying applications to a cloud environment.
- Demonstrated experience with modern software design and development methodologies, Agile Scrum preferred
- Demonstrated experience with testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Experience with Data Engineering/Analytics and Geospatial data.
- Strong knowledge in Java, Advanced Java, Spring, and implementing microservices.
- Familiarity with Data Interchange Formats -e.g. JSON, XML.
- Must have strong knowledge in Object oriented development, version control, and release management.
- Understanding of Database Administration and interfaces.
- 1-2+ years experience with Database Development with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL), including table design and migrations.
- Experience building web APIs.
- Strong mathematical and analytical background and working with streaming big data.
- Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with technical teams.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely accepted Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Kanban board, and planning poker
For Colorado Residents
- Experience in agile software development with DOD and Airforce customers
- Experience with programming languages: Fortran, C, Matlab, Shell scripts, Perl, Python, HTML
- Commercial cloud certification (AWS, Azure)
- DevOps pipeline experience
Colorado Salary Minimum: $69,180.80
Colorado Salary Maximum:$147,908.80
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.