Apex Systems is looking for a backend QA Tester who has at least 6 years of experience in IT Quality Assurance experience. In this role you will participate with the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to quality standards associated with developing, enhancing and operationalizing application systems and databases. Candidates must have database and coding skills so that you can ask appropriate questions and make minor changes.
Experience with Selenium is required, as well as experience in either Java or Python script writing. Candidates must be able to do API and Database testing.
Candidates must be bilingual in both English and Spanish.
This is a long term contract engagement. It will start off 100% remote but candidates must be willing to relocate to or currently live in the Miami, FL area.
- Recognizes and identifies areas where quality assurance policies and procedures need to be changed or developed.
- Ensures deliverables meet audit criteria. Interfaces with clients to ensure that systems are developed which meet their business need and specifications.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test plans to ensure quality applications.
- Writes, maintains, and automates software testing.
- Communicates and endorses strict adherence to methodologies, processes, and standards.
- Monitors adherence on an ongoing basis.
- Tracks and reviews quality assurance metrics, such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Collaborates with other IT managers to ensure project objectives are being attained. Works on problem resolutions and reports progress to management.
- Performs risk based testing.
- Maintains defect documentation and logs
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or