**This position is currently 100% remote, due to COVID. After COVID, the person selected will need to be on-site once per week but may work the remaining 4 days from home.**
Position: Backend Developer, Java
Location: Washington, DC
Summary: ASRC Federal InuTeq is looking for a new member for our development team that supports the Energy Compensation System (ECS) for the Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation (DEEOIC) at the US Department of Labor (DOL).
- The Senior Java Developer is responsible for Java EE application development supporting the operations of the Energy Compensation System (ECS), Division of Energy Employee Occupational Illness Compensation while providing expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing.
- The Senior Java Developer performs hands-on coding, and mentors junior developers and assists in architecting system solutions.
- The Senior Java Developer update, repairs, modifies and expands existing Java and/or SOA-based applications.
- The Senior Java Developer supports the program as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Investigate, analyze, and document reported defects
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Hold code and design reviews.
- Employ industry best practices (object-oriented design, design patterns, etc.)
- Creates, documents, and implements unit test plans, and scripts
- Creates and maintains technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Performs related duties as assigned