Senior Backend developer (Highly preferred: Fullstack) Location:
Currently Remote Job Profile Summary:
Apex Systems is looking for a Sr. Backend Developer to join the leading financial regulatory authority, who was voted the #1 Mid-Size Technology Company to work for in the country.
The Sr. Backend developer will be responsible for hands-on software development to assist in retiring a legacy system and building a new, enterprise level application. The Senior Developer, will develop, test, debug and document software components commensurate with their experience as well as direct development staff in support of a software engineering effort. Job Description
Required Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Review and analyze complex process, system and / or data requirements and specifications across a major program or project or several small projects or programs.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert for one or more areas (subsystems) for a larger system or multiple areas (subsystems) for smaller systems.
- Serve as the primary designer for complex component designs for one or more areas (subsystems) for a larger system or multiple areas (subsystems) for smaller systems.
- Build, test, deploy, and document complex software components for one or more areas (subsystems) for a larger system or multiple areas (subsystems) for smaller systems as well as, help others with theirs.
- Create software engineering strategies that help identify and mitigate risks.
- Lead other team members in peer review of code and identify re-usable frameworks.
- Interface with other team members and other teams in peer review of requirements, specifications, and software.
- Document and communicate development status in a timely manner including metric reporting.
- Champion the collaborative resolution of defects.
- Direct internal process improvement initiatives. Provide feedback on processes by offering suggestions.
- Mentor and supervise junior staff in project-level tasks.
- Participate in external process improvement committees as a Development representative.
- Provide backup coverage for Delivery Lead.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
- Ensure all work products meets /exceeds FINRA standards.
Preferred Candidates will also demonstrate experience in
- Spring Boot and Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring DI
- Spring Data JPA & Hibernate
- Design patterns
- REST APIs
- Unit testing and integration testing experience
- Database / SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Standard development tool experience (Preferred: Git, Maven or Gradle, IntelliJ)
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and leverage those relationships to improve the quality of work products.
Other Nice to Have
- DevOps - Bash scripting, Jenkins, etc.
- ETL tools such as Flink/Kakfa/Spark
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at