The .NET Developer role focuses on delivering small to medium sized projects as well as complex components of large projects while working as a member of a team.
* Design, development, and support of technical projects through to completion according to project standards and user satisfaction.
* Take part in the research and proof-of-concepts of new technologies. Present findings to senior technologists in the organization.
* Develop software following corporate standards for, the design, development, testing, and support of software, systems, and applications. Produce excellent quality code with a focus on stability, security, and maintainability.
* Contribute to software architecture designs. Participate in the planning and design of future software and technical architectures.
* Work with other developers as well as external resources located locally or off-shore.
* Participate in and actively contribute to formal design and code reviews for others' work.
* Support QA in the development of integration test plans, test conditions, and expected test results.
* Resolve system issues and respond to suggestions for improvements.
* Provide support for production applications including on-call after hours support on a rotational basis. Develop and maintain support documentation.
* Mentor less-experienced developers in software development techniques and processes.
* Develop estimates for completion of programming projects and participate in developing formal project plans.
* Participates in technical aspects of system evaluation and vendor selection processes.
* Perform technical functions in the software development process such as performing builds and releases.
* Act as a subject matter expert in one or more areas of technology. Keep up to date with latest technology trends and developments.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 3 - 5+ years professional experience in and demonstrated expertise in the following technologies:
+ Microsoft .Net (C#)
+ NoSQL Databases
+ VSTS with GIT
+ RESTful Services
* Experience using modern software architecture concepts such as MVC, REST, and cloud/cloud hybrid models.
* Demonstrated knowledge of advanced programming techniques and experience mentoring less senior developers.
* Experience in a formal Software Development Life Cycle using continuous integration.
* Experience using formal software management and source control tools such as Team Foundation Server, Aldon, SVN, or Git.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to find creative solutions to solve problems while staying within practice guidelines.
* Self-motivated, curious, creative and passionate about technology.
* Experience developing formal estimations for project completion.
* Experience with Object Oriented (OO) techniques, including an understanding of common OO and web application design patterns.