The Backend Developer will be part of a product engineering team, building innovative solutions to support a frictionless onboarding experience for new customers and sales of new banking products and services to existing customers of the bank. The incumbent will be required to apply a depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with team members and business stakeholders. As a team, embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning and play a key role in building solutions and products for a digital transformation. In addition, work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment, one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply hands-on expertise in the design and development of enterprise-wide applications.
- Analyze user requirements, design new system features, and functionality.
- Prepare functional and technical development specifications to build high performance, data-led solutions.
- Interface with a global team of developers and business partners.
- Develop proof of concepts in the new areas of development.
- Support continuous improvement of the automated systems and workflows.
- Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment).
- Design and adhere to best practices, standards, and procedures.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation on all software being developed to promote re-use.