Kforce is working with a consumer services firm located in New York, NY and they are in search for a Remote Backend Engineer.
We're committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. Our platform team is responsible for two large parts of the firms technology, order management and fulfillment and fleet management. As a Backend Engineer on this team, you will write code that matters: building tools and automations to control our fleet of robotic kiosks, collecting and refunding our customers' money accurately, and ensuring that locked-out customers get timely support to rescue them from a difficult situation. We're scaling our stack and our team - you'll have a say in architectural decisions and you'll be mentoring more junior developers to grow our in-house expertise. We'll need your experience with commerce, caching, message queues, tooling, and whatever else you can bring to the table.
* At least 3 years of experience Ruby on Rails or other web-based MVC framework in a production environment
* Experience with caching architectures using memcache, redis or similar
* Experience with background processing frameworks (like Resque or Sidekiq)
* Experience with RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL)
* Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud hosting environments
* Experience building, publishing and maintaining RESTful APIs
* Experience with message queuing systems
* Kubernetes experience
* Experience with websockets
* Experience with CDNs
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.