Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
You will work on a Kotlin or Scala pod with other JVM devs and engage closely with the greater Product and Engineering team to deeply understand our technical products and ensure they are being built with the highest quality.
What will you do?
- Design and architect new features and services
- Work with product to help define and refine requirements
- Write well-tested and robust code in Kotlin or Scala
What do you have?
- Experience developing modern web backends in a statically typed language
- Experience writing tests using kotlin.test, JUnit, or ScalaTest
- Familiarity with both Object-Oriented and Functional design principles
Nice to haves:
- Experience scaling distributed systems
- Experience with Property-based testing
- Experience with data models beyond simple CRUD
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social