Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general. Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us. After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you. Thank you, and we wish you a great job search! Matthew Strassberg
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Backend Software Engineer - Hypergrowth Gaming Startup
Location: Remote (even after the pandemic)
The company's flagship game is one of the top trending games on all platforms, and has achieved this with an elite team of only about 10 employees and 5 engineers (plus about 20 contractors). Revenues are substantial and are rapidly growing. Thus far the company has raised $10 mil in pre-series A funding from top investors in the gaming space. The company may be raising a much larger round of funding in the next few months, and seek to hire about 100 people in the next year. They would like to hire at least one engineer per week.
Due to the company's rapid growth, you could be leading a team of around 5 people within a few months if you are able and interested.
The company will pay very competitive salary (up to $250k), plus equity which could be very lucrative.
- Primarily using Node.js and AWS.
- Design, implement, provision and deploy entire microservices on cloud platforms.
- Ramp up quickly on their existing Node.js (with Typescript), MongoDB and MySQL based architecture.
- Engage and contribute with high level decision making.
- Potential leadership -- not on day one, but could be leading a team of 6 ppl within a few months since the company is very rapidly growing.
- Fine with working 50 hours/week -- not because you have to, but because you love the work you're doing.
- Degree in CS from a highly ranked university.
- Experience from top tech companies.
- Passion for gaming (experience in the industry is not required).
- Proficient in Node.js.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the gaming industry.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: