Chicago, IL Description: Backend Web Developer Location - Chicago, IL - 60607 Hire Type - Contract Project Overview:
• Looking for a back-end web developer with proficiency in NodeJS running on AWS. The candidate should be able to independently develop efficient, secure and scalable RESTful APIs as part of the Next-Gen server development team. The candidate must have experience in working on AWS-based deployments and associated infrastructure, including EC2, S3, Lambda. The candidate should have experience in working with both relational and document store databases and associated query languages Qualifications:
• At least 8 years of professional development experience with significant experience working as a on complicated projects with multiple cross functional teams
• Over 4 years of experience in developing server-side APIs using NodeJS on Linux.
• Strong experience in deploying/maintaining NodeJS applications on AWS and associated deployment infrastructure - EC2, S3, Lambda.
• Knowledge of core NodeJS frameworks like ExpressJS or MeteorJS.
• Good understanding of both front end and back-end components.
• A solid background in relational/document-based databases is required.
• Data Modeling experience is required.
• Highly motivated, self-directed and possess solid execution skills.
• Demonstrates critical thought and probes beyond the surface of the requested data to get at the valuable (actionable) information.
• Able to understand complex technical concepts quickly.
• Detail oriented but understands broader impacts of requests.
• Adjusts quickly to changing priorities as necessary.
• Manages multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously and in an organized and results-oriented manner.
• Strives to proactively identify and address areas where business process efficiency and effectiveness improvements would make a positive impact on the top and bottom lines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possesses a strong analytical, quantitative and objective outlook.
• Excellent people skills are also necessary since this position interacts with all levels of resources across the entire organization. Nice to Haves:
• The development experience of using C# or Dot Net Core would be preferred.
• Experience in using caching frameworks like Redis, Ignite and others would be a plus. Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Work with both relational and document store databases and associated query languages
• Work on AWS-based deployments and associated infrastructure, including EC2, S3, Lambda
• Assist with secure and scaleable REST APIs Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com