TCI has an immediate need for a Backup Systems Administrator in Fort Knox, KY. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of extensions. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
We are offering an excellent contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
Responsible for providing comprehensive Linux administration in an enterprise environment. Must be able to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the Linux architecture. Must be able to perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response and reporting and provide on-call support as needed. Must be able to implement and maintain a secure Linux server environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the Linux architecture.
- Provide Web Administration.
- Perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response and reporting and provide on-call support as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems; work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task.
- Train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, and problem isolation.
- Develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow.
- Eight years of technical experience administering Linux in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience in applications software development for complex business applications using Agile Development methodology and techniques are desirable.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Shell scripting is required.
- Strong understanding of Satellite & RHEL patching.
- Experienced in scripting skills: Perl, Python, Korn/Bash, etc.
- EMC Networker, Avamar, DPA experience a huge plus.
- Experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ that is enrolled into the CompTIA Continuing Education program before start date.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- A secondary industry related certification is required (Red Hat, Linux+, Solaris, etc.).