Personal Skills : Effective expression through oral and written correspondence. Able to develop and promote cooperation and teamwork at all levels to achieve the required outcome. Attentive to detail and accuracy committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems. Ability to act independently on assigned projects working with minimal supervision.
Technical Skills: Strong knowledge of the following DBMS: Microsoft SQL Server Oracle Highly skilled in Selenium or any other automation test tool. Highly skilled in software development languages Proficient in Software Performance metrics and analysis. Demonstrated strong knowledge of project management techniques and one or more Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies. Highly skilled in gathering and documenting test requirements. Highly skilled in creating comprehensive software test plans and test cases based on requirements. Demonstrated understanding of systems analysis and design techniques. Highly skilled in gathering and analyzing data and drawing logical conclusions.
Experience: Four years of software quality testing experience. Acquired understanding of the Bank-s vision, goals, business operations, and markets. Knowledge of current technological trends in the software testing industry. Thorough working knowledge of system integration issues between diverse platforms (PCs, UNIX, Windows) and test phases.
Other Duties : External- Periodic contact with software and other vendors and consultants. Some contact with FHFA examiners and external auditors
- Perform preliminary project analysis and document findings as required.
- Provide the necessary level of support and control to keep all assigned testing projects on schedule.
- Must be able to successfully complete large/complex testing projects in a timely and cost effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of vendor-supplied solutions.
- Provide assistance and direction to other Bank Operations System testers, as required. Develop and review detailed test cases, test plans and test strategies for multiple software platforms.
- Thoroughly test applications throughout phases of development life cycle (Regression, Functional, Integration, End to End testing) using a combination of testing methods.
- Develop and review test frameworks in QTP or other test tool.
- Actively participate in understanding project plans and providing regular updates against milestones.
- Develop testing documentation that addresses areas such as software scenarios, testing (regression and negative), error or bug retests, or usability. Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes. Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content. Update automated test scripts and frameworks to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborate with development staff or analysts to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Plan, execute, and finalize testing efforts on projects according to agreed upon project scope, deadlines and within budget. Includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of internal team members, vendors and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.