Battery System-Engineering TechnicianTowson, MD
Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems for thousands of Commercial & Residential Contractors, Advanced DIY'ers and Consumers with our DEWALT, Craftsman and Black and Decker power tool ranges. We are committed to delivering the best quality product to our users so that they can deliver quality results.We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable and that ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Minimum 2-year college degree required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize electronics
- Experienced in use of 2D and 3D design software
- Hands-on ability to build prototypes and use rapid prototyping equipment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective communication skills to work with cross functional teams
- Exceptional organizational skills demonstrated in gathering test data and maintaining lab workspaces
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong skills in basic PC applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to solder SMT parts to printed circuit boards
- Experience writing LabVIEW based programs to control laboratory equipment is a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with lithium ion batteries is a plus
As a Battery System-Engineering Technician, you'll be located in Towson, MD and you will design, build and test battery operated high-end power tools. This is a unique opportunity for the inventive to shape product vision on a game changing battery powered product platform and to see that vision realized in commercial and retail product offerings.
Benefits & Perks
- Work with team of engineers to design and test industry leading power tool battery solutions
- Fabricate and acquire materials to build prototype battery packs, electronics assemblies and power tools
- Work with non-standard test requirement inputs to write test procedures, design and build test fixtures paired with data acquisition, and utilize these solutions to execute tests
- Use CAD software to design 3D parts and generate 2D drawings.
- Process test data and write concise test reports
- Trouble shoot and determine root cause analysis on battery packs, electronic assemblies, power tools and test equipment.
- Apply principles of electronics, electrical circuitry and mathematics
- Utilize lab test equipment such as oscilloscope, power supply, electronic load to conduct testing
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.