Title: Battery Systems Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of Battery Systems Engineer. The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.
The Battery Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development of technical requirements, synthesis and analysis of them by and with suppliers, and overall verification during the complete design cycle in battery packs for programs. The responsibilities include:
- Develop, document the engineering requirements for automotive traction battery systems. Lead other engineers and teams to balance requirements.
- Analyze critical battery performance during the entire product lifecycle including: power and energy performance, battery life, safety performance.
- Develop and use analytical tools for verifying battery system performance
- Help develop tests as needed for verifying battery system performance and execute product design improvements.
- Lead the data analysis activities and interpretation related to battery field performance to guide requirements development and product improvements
- Provide technical expertise in investigation of system issues and support root cause analysis and mitigation and corrective action plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Applied Physics, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, Systems, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited, or ABET equivalent university.
- Minimum of 5 years in product engineering design and development in automotive industry with 3 years working experience in xEV technology applications and areas such as development of battery storage systems, high voltage architecture development, and/or electric powertrain components such as electric traction motors & power electronics.
- Experience in performance modeling with Matlab/Simulink, COMSOL, GT-Suite and ANSYS
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships and coach team members, and work with customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Master's degree in Engineering, as accredited by ABET or ABET equivalent; other graduate level technical degrees in the specific area of relevant specialty expertise may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of electrification technology functionality and features on the system level.
- High Voltage training and advance battery design/development experience is desirable.
- Understanding of equivalent circuit modeling, electrochemical modeling, thermal system performance modeling as it pertains to energy storage components
- Experience using a disciplined system development process based on ASPICE or CMMI model.
- Experience with DOORs, Canalyzer and Canape
- Knowledge of battery test methods and procedures
- Strong proactive and reactive engineering problem solving skills (including DFSS, Kepner Tregoe, 8D, 5Why, etc.)
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan Rama Narayanan rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com and /or contact at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Battery Systems Engineer (MI).
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.