DBDS is hiring Benefit System Support Analysts
We are looking for a few resources at our client location in Farmington, CT where there is a need for Benefits Support Analysts. The Benefit Information Systems (BIS) team supports the benefit interfaces which send indicative and payroll data to the third party vendors. BIS also oversees accurate Company Automatic Feature (CAF) design and steady state processing. BIS plays two roles in supporting the benefit interfaces: project support and production support. When a change is made to a UTC benefit offering, a third-party vendor, a platform, or UTC benefit eligible populations (Acquisition/Reorganization/Divestiture), BIS is involved as Benefit Interface SMEs and leaders on the cross-functional project teams. The BIS Team s primary customer is Corporate Benefits management with the mission to ensure quality / design of projects implemented and that resolutions to production support issues are in sync with management s expectations.
Provide benefit interface subject matter expert (SME) support and leadership as participants on UTC s cross-function project teams to: Brainstorm creative, appropriate solutions and develop internal requirements to: accommodate impacted benefit eligible populations and their benefits structure translate UTC s data to the formats required by the benefit vendors. Provide direction on key benefit driver fields and setup. Lead and coordinate complex project implementation schedules Determine impact to benefit feed timing, considering impacted populations employee types, pay frequencies, feed schedules, year-end requirements, and any third party benefit vendor requirements. Lead and participate in any benefit interface testing, including coordination of any testing with third party benefit vendors. Coordinate and verify and pre-production employee set up to accommodate benefit processing. Work with Corporate Benefit Finance to ensure that the necessary controls/reports are in place to support benefit audits. Provide primary support for QA for both testing and go-live feed monitoring to ensure that the requirements are being met. Develop standard work needed for production support of the benefit interfaces and post-implementation support for coordination/tracking of production issues. Perform post-production data reconciliation with the benefit vendors for the impacted populations.
- Work with the Corporate Benefits group, HR and the third party vendors to:
- Understand the impacted benefit eligible populations and their benefits structure.
- Understand the vendor s file requirements for each interface.
- Tracking/reconciling the controls for files sent to/received from the benefit vendors;
- Monitoring and addressing errors in vendor error reports;
- Researching/working with the business units to correct indicative data at UTC/the benefit vendors;
- Responding to requests for assistance from corporate benefits, the benefit vendors, the business unit s HR/Benefits teams, payroll or other third party vendors, including monitoring a BIS Help line;
- Initiating requests to corporate benefits and payroll to correct payroll data being sent to benefit vendors;
- Supporting benefit audits; monitoring special feeds to Benefit vendors;
- Supporting upgrades to the systems platforms
Strong Problem-solving skills Works well independently and as a team collaborator Works well in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years as a Systems Analyst Preferably HR systems
- Ability to understand business requirements
- Ability to write system requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access) and Toad for Oracle.
- Strong Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform some QA functionality in both test and go-live validation.
- Ability to Multi-task
Desired Skills Include:
- Understanding of HR benefits and systems
- Understanding of ADP enterprise HR systems
- Understanding of SQL
Please send compensation expectations/requirements and a MS Word or PDF version of your resume. No relocation/expense money provided. Candidates must be able to pass a background check, type 40 WPM, and must be able to work at a computer in a seated or stationary position for an hour at a time.
Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. However, we are unable to sponsor H1B or utilize 3rd party candidates at this time.
Data Based Development Systems is a continually growing and successful IT consulting firm in Glastonbury, CT that has been servicing Fortune 100 businesses for over 30 years. Our clients offer an attractive work environment and the opportunity to work with state of the art technology. We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies.