Solution Architect -Big Data
Location: Hartford, CT
Duration: 6 months with possible contract to hire
Job Specific Details:
- Currently we have a gap with employee developers who have Hadoop/Big Data and Cloud experience.
- Minimum 7 years of hands on software development experience with extensive background and concentration in:
- AWS, Cloud Foundry, or other Public Cloud development experience is required.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Big Data and the Hadoop ecosystem required - Proven experience within Hortonworks Hadoop ecosystems (MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Pig, Hue, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Design, implement and deploy custom applications on Hadoop using Python/PySpark
- Troubleshoot production issues within the Hadoop environment
- Performance tuning of a Hadoop processes and applications
- Must be proficient in SQL/HiveQL
- Hands on expertise in Linux/Unix and scripting skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microservice-Based Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Good knowledge on Agile Methodology and the Scrum process.
- Promote the development and quick deployment of Minimal Viable Product (MVP) applications to have real and timely impact to business units must be comfortable pivoting mid-course to address new information and adapt to the changing realities of a dynamic environment
- Strong communication, technology awareness and capability to interact work with senior technology leaders is a must