Solution Network - Big Data Administrator - Solution Specialist - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ... The Solutions Network (SNET) Practice
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major packaged applications and technologies - PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .NET, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte. Big Data Administrator Position Scope
The Solution Specialist will be responsible for providing basic or intermediate level technical advice for application and technology products supported by the Solutions Network. The position will be focused on supporting client projects as well as sales teams in the configuration, customization, and implementation of selected packages and applications for sales demonstration as well as client-based project implementations using a Big Data technical stack. In addition to hands-on technical work, this position will also require providing assistance to project teams with architecture design, developing documentation and creating client deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have broader implementation and configuration experience with various Business Intelligence/Data-warehousing technologies, preferably in a management consulting environment.
This position may require up to 20% travel. Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology discipline
- 3+ years of work experience with Business Intelligence/Data-warehousing products, specifically with installing, configuring, and administering Big Data products
- Hands-on experience on any one of the Big Data Vendor products from Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hive, Hbase, Zookeeper, Spark, Storm, etc.
- Hands-on experience on Hadoop 2.0 components like, Yarn and High availability
- Hands-on experience in creating Clusters, HDFS backup and Migration
- Hands-on experience with cluster upgrades, migrating applications and customization
- Hands-on experience in Authentication/Authorization mechanism such as Kerberos and Sentry
- Experience with Big Data Administration and production level support for onsite and offshore teams a plus
- Knowledge on Infrastructure architecture experience, including hardware sizing and security design would be a plus point
- Basic database skills with at least one of the following: PostgreSQL, Oracle 11g, DB2 10.1 or SQL Server 2012 is strongly preferred
- Experience with at least one of the following is preferred: NoSQL DBs, Cognos, IBM DataStage, DB2, Teradata, Endeca, and SAS
- Experience in creating installation and upgrade guides, publish technical documentation, run books and environment release guides.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple client projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, sound decision-making and organizational abilities
- Prior consulting experience is a plus
- Prior consulting experience highly desired
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- No Sponsorship: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Gilbert, AZ or Lake Mary, FL
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.* How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.