Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combing governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy is currently seeking a Full Time Big Data Analytics Project Manager to provide onsite support in Washington, DC. This is a perfect opportunity for a senior IT project manager, to lead a team of IT and non-IT professionals in support of several federal programs.
The Role: s
* Lead a large scale development project for multiple Federal Programs
* Oversee the deployment of data warehouse systems to Production and obtaining Agency Authority to Operate (ATO)
* Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support
* Evolve classic waterfall to Agile principles, as applicable, to ensure success of the project in a continuous delivery mode.
* Aggressively manage risk and issues; and mitigation efforts as appropriate.
* Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies
* Provide excellent communication and escalation capabilities for customers.
* Show proven experience in managing multiple stakeholders with potentially competing priorities.
* Encourage de-centralized decision-making within teams, but acts as escalation point when consensus decisions cannot be reached
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* Minimum 10 Years IT Experience.
* Minimum of 5 years Data Warehouse and Analytics leadership and management experience.
* Minimum 5 Years IT Project Management Experience.
* An additional, 2 Years Agile Project mgmt. or Highly Iterative Project Methodology experience
* Bachelors' Degree is required
* PMP Certification
* Proven experience in full life-cycle software development (Agile/Waterfall) and manage projects geared towards the implementation of Big Data Analytics systems.
* IT project management experience with both classic and Agile methodologies, and be able to leverage the two disciplines as appropriate while evolving the organization towards an Agile like methodology.
* Experience planning, coordinating and sequencing IT delivery tasks, as well as managing a number of complex IT work streams
* Proven experience in managing teams with multiple subcontractors
* Significant experience managing in an environment with changing business conditions, technology and system changes.
* In-depth understanding and knowledge of software development, testing, change, project management methodologies, concepts, practices, procedures and standards.
* Proven track record for IT solution delivery that drives business value.
* Experience running 30+ FTE program equaling $10M+ revenue
* Demonstrated ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others.
* Demonstrated ability to anticipate, mitigate, and resolve conflicts across workgroups.
* Experience developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under tight time constraints.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution, and customer relationship management.
* Maaster's Degree
* Scrum Master Certification
* Knowledge of High performance computing
* Knowledge of Cloud Computing including AWS and MS Azure
* Knowledge of Law Enforcement and Financial Intelligence Data, platforms and investigative techniques
* A technical background is a benefit to assist in the planning and sequencing of technical changes and collaborating with development teams.
* A background in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence project management
Clearance Required: US Citizen - Must be able to obtain "Public Trust" level clearance
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability