Blue Canopy Group, LLC is looking for a Big Data Analytics Project Manager to lead a large scale development project in the Northern, VA/DC Metro area for multiple Federal Programs
Blue Canopy has won, and continues to pursue several new opportunities and are looking for outstanding individuals with experience in managing Big Data Analytics projects to help us deliver superior services and products to our clients. The PM will have proven experience in full life-cycle software development (Agile/Waterfall) and manage projects geared towards the implementation of Big Data Analytics systems. The ideal candidate should have both classic and Agile IT project management experience, and be able to leverage the two disciplines as appropriate while evolving the organization towards an Agile like methodology. They should have experience planning, coordinating and sequencing IT delivery tasks, as well as managing a number of complex IT workstreams. A technical background is a benefit to assist in the planning and sequencing of technical changes and collaborating with development teams. A background in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence project management would also be beneficial.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Proven experience managing a data warehouse and business intelligence systems development efforts for a multiyear modernization program as a PM.
- Proven experience in deploying data warehouse systems to Production and obtaining Agency Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Proven experience initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering IT programs independently.
- Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Evolve classic waterfall to Agile principles, as applicable, to ensure success of the project in a continuous delivery mode.
- Aggressively manage risk and issues; and mitigation efforts as appropriate.
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
- Provide excellent communication and escalation capabilities for customers. Show proven experience in managing multiple stakeholders with potentially competing priorities.
- Encourage de-centralized decision-making within teams, but acts as escalation point when consensus decisions cannot be reached
- Proven experience in managing teams with multiple subcontractors
- Significant experience managing in an environment with changing business conditions, technology and system changes.
- PMP Certification.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of software development, testing, change, project management methodologies, concepts, practices, procedures and standards.
- Proven track record for IT solution delivery that drives business value.
- Experience running 30+ FTE program equaling $10M+ revenue
- Demonstrated ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, mitigate, and resolve conflicts across workgroups.
- Experience developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under tight time constraints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution, and customer relationship management.
- Minimum 10 Years IT Experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Data Warehouse and Analytics leadership and management experience.
- Minimum 5 Years IT Project Management Experience.
- An additional, 2 Years Agile Project mgmt. or Highly Iterative Project Methodology experience
- Bachelors’ Degree is required; Master’s Degree a plus
- Scrum Master Certification is a plus.
Additional Experience – Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of High performance computing
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing including AWS and MS Azure
- Knowledge of Law Enforcement and Financial Intelligence Data, platforms and investigative techniques
Operating at the intersection of mission and technology, Blue Canopy Group, LLC is one of the fastest growing woman-owned businesses in the Greater Washington, D.C. area. We focus on delivering outcomes that matter by harnessing the power of technology, combing governance with process improvement. We provide support to both Federal and Commercial clients in five areas: Mission Support Services, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Cloud & Mobility and Agile Development. Our core values around commitment to clients and our people drive Blue Canopy in the relentless pursuit to innovate and help our clients’ problem solve by building solutions as a team. Blue Canopy is headquartered in Reston, VA and employs over 400 highly skilled professionals.
Blue Canopy Group, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability