What you'll do? Webex was one of the first world-wide cloud applications and today it is the recognized leader in SaaS conferencing. The Webex team delivers industry-leading voice, video and sharing experiences for our customers in over 150 countries. Our new Spark architecture has created an exciting new platform that unifies our Collaboration portfolio across: Conferencing, Team-Collaboration, Telephony, Telepresence, Contact Centers, and Chat. As part of our Spark architecture we are building a next generation Big Data solution for the petabytes of data our platform generates every year. We are looking for a Principal level Architect to join our team as we continue to lead the way to revolutionize the collaboration experience for our customers. Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate foundational technical and thought leadership in advanced technologies which includes data: access, integration, modeling, discovery and visualization for our >$1B business
- Assess and implement the proper role for machine learning our Big Data solution
- Provide leadership in establishing analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Define and lead the realization of the data strategy roadmap for our Collaboration portfolio; including data modeling, implementation and data management
- Responsibilities will include setting the vision, gathering requirements, formulating technical consensus, leading and performing technology assessments, and leading a cross-functional team in developing, deploying and maintaining the solution
- Establish standards and guidelines for the design & development, tuning, deployment and maintenance of information, advanced data analytics, and text mining models and physical data persistence technologies
- Integrate the big data solution with our new micro-services and portal architectural approachWho you'll work with? Cisco's Cloud Collaboration Technology Group is transforming how our customers work and interact on a daily basis. These integrated collaboration services enable companies to work more effectively internally and externally as the digitization of the workplace accelerates.
Who are you?
The Principal Architect must have extensive experience building and operating Big Data solutions with a proven track record in driving business success by architecting, designing, adopting and applying big data strategies and architectures. hey must be experienced in large-scale system implementations with a focus on complex data processing and analytics pipelines. They must demonstrate a deep understanding of data analytics best practices, and expertise in data modeling, data cleaning, data mining, machine learning and data virtualization. The PE must be a consensus builder across a highly- technical cross-functional international team. They must be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to complex problems which deliver industry-leading experiences for our customers
Additional minimum requirements include the following;
Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco. *LI-PC1 dicedev #GD2015
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134