Big Data Architect
Please send resume to or call 972-235-9400 and ask for ALAINA.
Location: RICHARDSON, TX OR CHICAGO, IL
Duration: 6 Months
This position is responsible for ensuring alignment of project specific designs with application architecture roadmap; supporting project and/or product teams on functional and technical design activities; defining the interaction between application packages, databases, and middleware systems to optimize product functional coverage; acting as subject matter expert (SME) for products that require integration into the application.
- Ensure conceptual, logical, and physical application architecture for a specific product.
- Own and maintain the product / application suite roadmap.
- Work with Solution Architects and System Analysts, translate business requirements into an overall technical solution design that is robust, scalable and extensible.
- Work closely with development team to ensure design patterns and directions are successfully and consistently implemented.
- Work with portfolio delivery leads and business analysts to understand end user needs and future business direction.
- Work with fellow architects, engineering, and technology leadership to establish blueprints, product? roadmap, and technology strategy.
- Design and implement complex systems solutions across the application stack.
- Foster and encourage solution reuse within and across portfolios and product teams.
- Research and evaluate software technology, products, and solutions, and make recommendations on introduction, phase out, and retirement.
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- Experience in application and/or product feature design.
- Experience in application configuration
- Experience in application development platforms and/or languages (HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHCSC/Ruby/C#/Shell Scripting/Java Script/Hive/Pig/Python/Talend/Nifi/XML/Sqoop/Kafka/Flume). Knowledge of Hortonworks, Teradata and related RDBMS databases.
- Experience in cloud computing (SaaS / PaaS).
- Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or integration process and tools (Bamboo, jenkins, RallyDev, Jira, Github).
- Experience in integration technologies ( Tibco/Informatica/CAS).
- Experience in iterative and/or agile and/or scrum development.
- Experience in solution architecture.
- Application domain knowledge.
- Problem solving / analytical thinking.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Hadoop Development Experience , Teradata , ETL Development , Data Analysis