Immediate need for a Big Data Developer/Engineer with AWS with experience in the Biotechnology Industry. This is a 12+ Months contract opportunity with long-term potential located in St. Louis, MO. Please review the job description below:
Job ID: 18-05070
This person will work in partnership with data science and visualization teams to understand use cases, data needs, and outcome objectives. Utilizing big data and cloud technologies to develop data pipelines and deliver data sets. As a partner, you will have project work and ad-hoc requests that require agility and often fast-paced response to business needs. They are building out a data layer to enable data discovery, analytics and visualization.
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
• 10+ years of experience in IT.
• 5+ years of experience in JAVA, Scala or Python.
• 5+ years’ experience with developing ETL/Data Lakes/Data Pipeline solutions
• Ability to perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data.
• Proven experience (2+ years) with distributed systems, e.g. HADOOP, Spark, Mesos, Kubernetes, distributed databases, grid computing
• Experience with stream processing, e.g. KAFKA, Spark Streaming, Akka, Flink, etc.
• Experience data modeling for large-scale databases, either relational or NoSQL (graph, key: value, document, etc.).
• Must have the ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc. (Pref: AWS)
• Expert level proficiency in SQL
• Experience developing and utilizing Data Lakes
• Experience with data privacy concerns
• Experience contributing to open source projects
• Knowledge of data science practices, to better steer our efforts to support them through the infrastructure we create
Our client is a leading Biotechnology Industry and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. Qualified candidates should apply online for immediate consideration.