At HPE Vertica we have developed an analytics platform that enables businesses of all types to gain insight from their ever increasing collections of data and become a true data-driven enterprise. Building this platform takes smart, savvy product management, and we're looking for a cloud product manager that is up for the challenge. This position calls for someone who is passionate about building software. You should feel as comfortable describing the merits of deploying an MPP platform with a market-leading CIO as you are discussing analytics with a Director of Marketing. You should have strong technical capabilities, but understand how to be the voice of the market as you drive product plans. You should be a proficient listener, a strategic thinker and a highly-motivated producer.
- Work closely with our cloud customers, prospects and partners to understand their challenges and create detailed use cases and opportunity reports
- Communicate and clarify product requirements to engineering teams
- Work closely with developers and QA to ensure the product you intended actually gets built
- Design pricing and packaging for various customer profiles
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from strategic to tactical activities
- Drive product strategies that address market trends, customer needs and competitive positioning
- Take a quantitative and analytical approach to gathering customer information
- Perform detailed competitive and complimentary ecosystem analysis
- Support go-to-market activities
- Coordinate product planning, development, and promotion with OEM and technology partners
- Participate in customer facing situations and user conferences as a deep product expert
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Technical experience with cloud technologies
- Expertise in the following AWS technologies (or MS Azure equivalents): S3, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Kinesis, ELB, VPC, is a significant plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical Bachelor's degree; graduate degree a plus
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to influence and drive cross-functional teams
- Experience writing detailed user-stories and negotiating those with engineers
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels, and possessing a team-oriented attitude
ABOUT HPE VERTICA
Started in 2005, Vertica's goal was to revolutionize the relational database industry by developing a tool to solve today's analytical challenges. We accomplished just that by building a new system from the ground up. Our purpose-built analytics platform enables companies to monetize their data at the speed and scale they need to thrive in today's economic climate.