Job Title: Big Data Engineer
Position: Big Data Consultant
Location: Lisle, IL or Burlington, MA (Preference is MA)
Experienced Big Data Engineer who has a passion to build data products and data systems and who will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data in real time. You will develop and deliver successful projects and solutions by being very hands-on technically and also provide architectural and design guidance to clients with best practices. You will research, evaluate, architect, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build and develop sustainable big data platforms and solutions.
- Big Data Experience
- Cloud Environment Experience- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) preferred
- Shell scripting- Unix/Linux
- Talend ETL development experience is a plus
- Airflow experience is preferred. They must have Orchestration software development and workflow experience.
- Must have 5+ years production level code DevOps experience in Big Data environments.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Talend and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies.
- Have built big data applications.
- Have experience working in cloud environments. Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Comfortable with analyzing data and operating services in a Linux environment.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience
- Solid experience in shell scripting: Unix/Linux
- Strong experience in Python programming
- Take ownership of projects
- Have world-class debugging skills
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Development experience with Talend as ETL tool is a plus
- Required - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred - Master’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Big Data or Analytics or equivalent
- Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
DataFactZ employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.