Currently looking for an experienced Big Data Developer (AWS) to fill a remote, contract/freelance opening with a Fortune 100 company located in the United States. Interested candidates should have 4+ years experience in extracting data from a variety of sources, and a desire to expand those skills (working knowledge of SQL is required, Spark is required).
Responsibilities of the Big Data Developer (AWS)
- Support the data platform.
- Mostly back end work.
- May also touch some front end projects.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies.
- Perform all other duties as needed.
Requirements of the Big Data Developer (AWS)
- 4+ years experience in extracting data from a variety of sources, and a desire to expand those skills (working knowledge of SQL is required, Spark is required)
- 3+ years experience with querying and analyzing a large amount of data on Hadoop HDFS using Hive and Spark
- 3+ years experience with object-oriented programming using python and its design patterns
- 3+ years experience with Snowflake cloud DW Experience with Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent professional experience
Experience with NoSQL Databases HBase, Apache Cassandra, Vertica, or MongoDB
- Familiarity with event-driven or object-oriented programming
- Experience with AWS S3, Redshift, Kinesis or Kafka
- Experience with ElasticCache, Aurora, EMR
Compensation for the Big Data Developer (AWS)
The starting salary for this position ranges from $85.00 to $150.00 per hour depending on experience.
Job Type: Contract