We are an exciting big data startup helping our clients do great things with their data. The startup is led by some of the world's leading experts in big data and advanced analytics with multiple years of startup and corporate executive leadership experience. We have collaborations with some of the world's leading research universities, doing foundational work in machine learning.
If you are passionate about data and enjoy solving business problems with analytics/visualization, then we have the right job for you! To our clients, we are committed to excellence in our technical work and generating extraordinary value for their investment. For our employees, we are committed to providing an ideal work life balance and a great place to do high quality work, learn new skills and grow in their career. We will provide you an opportunity to leapfrog your technical career by working in a startup environment with the salary/perks and security of an enterprise job. For the current role, we are looking to hire multiple full time employees or contractors to help us on a multi-year long engagement with a customer based in Houston, Texas.
- Analyze requirements/user stories to appropriately support design activities.
- Design and build integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary.
- Perform all technical aspects of software development (I write, I test, I support) and automation
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Perform unit, component, integration testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts.
- Linux / Unix Shell Scripting
- 3 or more years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Solid hands-on experience with Java/J2EE, , XML, XPath, Web Services, REST services
- Expertise in Hibernate/ORM technology
- Expertise in Spring framework and Maven build technology
- Development IDE: JBoss Studio, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Sublime, Bracket.
- Python scripting preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced Degree preferred.
Job Type: Full-time