Are you a passionate Big Data Developer interested in working in a challenging environment for a nationally-recognized financial services organization? If so, we may have the ideal role for you with our leading client in Rockville.We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.Responsibilities of the Big Data Developer:
Requirements of the Big Data Developer:
- Ingest, store, validate, and transform data for BI teams and data analysts to enable deeper insights
- Design and develop ETL pipeline for data collection, validation, and transformation
- Develop unit tests and performance tests; maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Design ETL jobs for optimal execution in an AWS Cloud environment
- Participate in peer and code reviews
- Implement data quality checks
- At least 10 years of experience in Java or Scala and ETL projects
- At least 3 years of experience in big data projects
- Strong big data skills: AWS EMR, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Experience with unit testing tools and code reviews
- Experience optimizing and performance tuning
- Proponent of Agile/Scrum, coupled with deep experience
- Creative analytical and problem-solving skills
Keywords: Big Data Developer, Java, Scala, ETL, SQL, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Agile, Scrum
Job ID: 329887About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!