Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Big Data Developer
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Financial Services
clients in San Francisco, CA
- Hands on development role focused on creating big data and analytics solutions
- Coding of mission critical components
- Analyze business and functional requirements and contribute to overall solution
- Participate in design reviews, provide input to the design recommendations
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members
- Hands-on expertise with Graph databases
- Experience with middle-tier/backend systems development in Java/Linux
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience with Hadoop in an enterprise setting
- Experience with Java enterprise development, Python and Scalar
- Hands-on expertise with Sql & NoSql data platforms
- Hands-on expertise with Big data technologies (HBase, Hive, Sqoop)
- Experience with Pub/Sub messaging (JMS, Kafka, etc.), stream processing (Storm, Spark Streaming, etc.)
- Understanding and application of security best practices as they relate to big data technologies
- Experience with horizontally scalable and highly available system design and implementation, with focus on performance and resiliency
- Experience profiling, debugging, and performance tuning complex distributed systems
- Experience with UNIX shell scripts and commands
- Experience with data modeling
- Ability to clearly document solution designs
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools
- Experience with BI solutions (Tableau, Microstrategy, D3 etc)
- Complexity Works on complex issues where analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Supervision Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide work direction to others.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology area of study.
- Master's degree preferred specializing in Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com