Secure our Nation, Ignite your FutureJob Summary
Each day U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) oversees the massive flow of people, capital, and products that enter and depart the United States via air, land, sea, and cyberspace. The volume and complexity of both physical and virtual border crossings requires the application of "big data" solutions to promote efficient trade and travel.Further, effective "big data" solutions help CBP ensure the movement of people, capital, and products is legal, safe, and secure. In response to this challenge, ManTech, as a trusted mission partner of CBP, seeks capable, qualified, and versatile Big Data Engineers/Developers to facilitate data-driven decision making in response to national security threats. Job Overview
- Perform development and maintenance of end-user focused, object-oriented, data-driven analytic applications to support CBP threat analysis and targeting
- Independently identify technical solutions for business problems, directly contribute to conceptual design, and routinely collaborate with Enterprise/Application architects, Database Architects, Data Scientists, and mission stakeholders
- Develop new code, modify existing application code, conduct unit and system testing, and engage in rigorous documentation of developed and delivered application use cases, data flows, and functional operations
- Demonstrate a strong practical understanding of application-relevant cargo and passenger data and databases used to support analytic application development, functionality and targeting end user (officer) operation
- Actively participate in formal and informal design reviews, solution sessions, and project milestone meetings as well as contribute to project document artifacts for presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Integrate with, and materially contribute to, project portfolio teams as a matrixed resource to provide development and issue resolution expertise in collaboration with data scientists, intelligence analysts, developers, and other participants at the direction of a project manager
- Demonstrated expertise in Java and Object-Oriented Design and development principles
- Experience with Java 8+ and the newer language features
- Experience with the Hadoop eco system, including HDFS, YARN, Hive, Pig, and batch-oriented and streaming distributed processing methods such as Spark, Kafka, or Storm
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Impala, etc.
- Experience with one or more relational database systems such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Proficient experience with SQL
- Experience with one or more build tools such as Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) using Git
- Comfortable with Linux
- High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
- Master's degree in computer science or related field
- Clearance: Active Top Secret
- Experience delivering solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2, RDS, S3)
- Experience with distributed search engines like Elasticsearch or Solr
- NoSQL database systems such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools such as Jira, BitBucket
- Continuous integration with Jenkins or Bamboo
- Active TS/SCI a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS clearance is required as well as CBP suitability.
Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Background Investigation.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Job Function: Performs as the technical expert with thorough understanding of the business application of an assigned project. Performs as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned software developers working on a specific project. Assists in the scheduling and coordinating of projects and may be involved in the design phase of a project. Works with customers and technical staff in the resolution of software problems and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. Participates in the development of software user manuals. Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience. Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work