Big Data Engineer Sunnyvale, CA OR Champaign, IL. 18 Months plus possible extension or perm
Our client’s Big Data Platforms team powers the most demanding Big Data applications in the industry on some of the largest Hadoop clusters ever built.
Our team is made up of several PMCs (Program Management Committee members) and Committers in key Apache open source projects like Hadoop, Storm, and Tez, just to name a few.
• We are looking for an experienced Java developer to work on hosted Flink clusters in our grid infrastructure
• The team maintains, operates, and develops our Apache Flink deployments for the Big Data organization.
• Even more significant than having used this specific tool is your desire and willingness to work with this technology on one of the core teams within the organization.
• Knowledge of programming concepts, software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
• Demonstrable experience as an object-oriented developer using popular backend programming languages (Java, C++, C#)
• A passion for elegant code
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working within an enterprise level environment
• Experience with one or more of the following: Hadoop Core, Flink, Kafka, Spark, or Storm
• Open source contributions to Fink would be a plus.
No Sub-Contract, Third Parties or Corp to Corp arrangements! W2 only!
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Send resume to Jobs@staffinghq.com
Follow us on LinkedIn for job updates. https://www.linkedin.com/company/staffing-headquarters