We're looking for a highly skilled Data Engineer with expertise in big data technologies to help build new pipelines. You will utilize Scala, Spark, Jenkins, Snowflake, and AWS in an Agile methodology to design new pipelines and maintain and operate continuous pipelines.This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified applicants must be willing and able to work on a w2 basis.Responsibilities of the Big Data Engineer:
Requirements of the Big Data Engineer:
- Design and develop new big data processing pipelines
- Enhance and refine current big data processing pipelines
- Participate in code reviews and design sessions during Agile process
- Debug, evaluate, and troubleshoot throughout application development process
- Maintain and operate continuous build, test, and integration pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a development team contributing to all parts of a modern project
- Extensive experience with Scala and Spark
- AWS experience a must
- Experience with JUnit, Mockito, and SQL
- Java and Spring Boot preferred (Python acceptable)
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively on a complex system
- Ability to leverage technology to work collaboratively: Slack, Atlassian Suite
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to stay up to date with modern techniques and evolving technologies
Keywords: ETL, Big Data Engineer, Scala, Spark, SQL, Agile, Direct Hire
Job ID: 355590 About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic consulting and talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Our purpose is to positively impact the lives of our employees, clients, consultants, and the communities in which we operate. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in talent solutions, life sciences consulting, Agile consulting, cloud services, risk management, business optimization, and managed services enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA, and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence and deep networks, as well as national reach.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!