Big Data Engineer
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or a related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of hands-on programming expertise in Scala, Java, SQL, Python
• 3+ years of experience with large datasets in Hadoop (Cloudera) and Spark Ecosystem
• Hands-on experience in Hadoop data storage, data stores (HBase, Cassandra), and tools (Oozie, Sqoop, Flume etc.)
• Well versed in Cloudera (CDH 5.x) to manage security, metadata, lineage, job management, Optimizer, Record Service etc.
• Expertise in kafka (distributed logs) and Spark streaming architecture and development
• Experience in design and development of SQL on Hadoop applications (Spark SQL, Impala) and Query Optimization
• Passionate, self-motivated and willingness to learn
Nice to Have
Expertise in leading cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services
Certification in Hadoop and Spark a plus
airisDATA is looking to expand and hire an additional data engineer to join our team in Raleigh NC. As a Data Engineer with airisDATA you will be tasked with contributing to the solving of real world business problems. The ideal candidate will have the drive and passion to maintain current with the cutting edge of technology, able to quickly learn, demonstrate subject matter expertise in active vertical projects and participate in product development sessions.
Our ideal candidate will have strong programming skills in Scala, Java, Python and SQL as well as expertise in statistical algorithms for data analysis. The candidate should also possess a background in distributed applications, data warehousing and databases with a high proficiency in the Hadoop ecosystem, and the Spark data stack.
• Hands-on expertise with various big data technologies and the ability to lead an agile delivery team
• Measure the performance of data solutions, diagnose bottlenecks and utilize tools to monitor and tune performance
• Deploy flexible, scalable, and resilient data solutions to meet evolving client data product requirements
• Troubleshoot, tune and accelerate data pipelines, data queries, and real time streaming events
airisDATA is a niche system integration company focused exclusively on data science and data engineering services. We take pride in our technical excellence backed by a passionate team of data engineers, machine learning specialists, and data administrators who build, run, and deploy large scale data solutions. We are committed to solving real world problems, providing customers with a competitive edge, reduced total cost of ownership, and a high return on investment.