Lumen Solutions Inc., is a technology consulting services company based in Virginia. We provide a wide array of experienced business and IT professionals supporting clients from solution design to implementation and support. We specialize in strategy development, portfolio management and enterprise architecture.
Candidate will support the design, development and implementation of Big Data solutions for the Informatics Teams
- Assess requirements and determine best technologies and design patterns to utilize for data-centric solutions.
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines for real time streaming, search and Indexing solutions.
- Write and mentor code development using HIVE, Spark Streaming, Hbase and SOLR.
- Work closely with Cloudera Administrators to optimize the usage of our clusters and plan for future expansion and usage.
- Work in an agile environment, collaborate with Solution Architects, Scrum Masters, Developers and Testers.
- 7+ years of full-time, industry experience.
- 3+ years of Solution Design and Development experience using various Hadoop components such as Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, SPARK.
- Must have implemented Hbase/SOLR for real time search/indexing at production scale.
- Highly proficient with programming languages (Java/Scala/Python) and Shell scripting.
- 2+ years of working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL).
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices, ability to write reusable code components.
- BS/MS in Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Healthcare Industry.
- Experience working with large data environments – petabytes or hundreds/thousands of terabytes.
- Past experience with data warehouse/data analytics solutions and technologies, especially ETL tools.
You can directly reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org