JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
We are currently seeking talented Big Data Engineers to leverage innovative and emerging Cloud-based technologies to support the design, prototype, development, and integration of a new generation of analytical tools for a Mission customer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your expertise to support the processing of foreign language and multi-media data sets while employing sophisticated analytic and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will contribute directly to the production of valuable intelligence to facilitate positive mission outcomes.
- Employ expertise in Cloud Computing, Hadoop, Distributed Computing, Software Development/Programming (Java, C++, etc.) to build scalable, reliable, sustainable computing solutions
- Conduct analysis of alternatives (AoA) to support the recommendation of approaches, tools, and technologies for development of new analytics, including data- and event-driven analytics
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to support requirements definition, integration & test, and deployment of newly developed capabilities
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) additional years of general experience
- 5 years of software design and development experience to include:
- 3 years of experience in Java, C++, UNIX/Linux
- 2 years of experience with the following technologies and methodologies:
- Distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL), such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, and Big Table
- Map Reduce
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Hadoop, Hive, and Pig
- 3 years of experience in software integration and testing
- Hadoop/Cloud Certification is highly desired
My SAIC Benefits.