Credence Management Solutions, LLC is seeking a Big Data Engineering Lead to support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Unified Cyber Situational Awareness (UCSA) program near Fort Meade, MD.
The Big Data Engineer who will provide expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter. The Big Data Engineer will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives. The Big Data Engineer will think independently and demonstrate exceptional written and oral communications skills. This position will apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts and will contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Responsibilities
- Expertise performing data scientist functions; includes hands-on experience writing code, designing analytic models, creating Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) logic, modeling databases, writing very complex queries.
- Expertise developing applications on the Apache Hadoop Map Reduce framework.
- Expertise developing dashboards and Technology Add-ons (TAs) for Splunk.
- Familiarity with coding applications that utilize the following cloud backend components: Elastic, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Hadoop Database (HBASE), Accumulo, PostgreSQL, Storm, Mothra, Spark, Kafka, and various middleware components.
- Expertise in modern software architecture frameworks, service-oriented architecture and design patterns.
- Expertise in developing and calling web services (Representational State Transfer (REST), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), etc.) APIs and frameworks to interact with various data producers and consumers.
- Familiar with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Ability to lead large team of architects and developers to implement new solutions in a cloud-environment
- Top Secret clearance preferred, minimum Secret security clearance
- Must have a Masters Degree
- Must have at least 15 years experience.
- Some travel (up to 25%) may be required.