Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking Manager, Data Engineering to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
As part of the Data Platform and Management group, the Manager, Data Engineering is part of a team chartered to deliver a best-in-class data platform to share and consume strategic data assets that will enable hundreds of teams across the organization to be successful and productive as a data inspired organization. This position will specifically lead a team focused on data ingestion and management via data pipelines and expected to be hands on when needed and coordinate across groups. Our current toolset consists of Apache Airflow, Spark, SQL, Java, Python, Scala, Snowflake, and leverages several AWS services such as Kinesis, EMR, Glue, etc..
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!Technology We Use:
Apache, Spark, SQL, Java, Python, Scala, AWSPrimary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Qualifications: Required Experience (minimum):
- Drives team to efficiently and effectively deliver data pipelines as defined by the business.
- Collaboration across multiple business units and functional departments to build efficient data pipelines with high quality.
- Drive/own timely, consistent resolution and communication of issues to users/stakeholders.
- Continuously improves productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale.
- Provides thought leadership in the area of data management.
- Works directly with individual contributors to mentor them in advancing their role-specific skills and careers.
- Optimizes overall team performance by coaching individual team members
- Establish a fun, creative and enjoyable environment balanced with strong collaboration, productivity and execution.
- Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
- Human resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching.
- Adherence to departmental process and procedure.
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality service.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 + years leadership experience in leading Data Pipeline and Data Management teams.
- Focus on operational improvements, scale and stability of our data platforms.
- Proven ability to lead and advance data engineering teams.
- Experience in data engineering.
- Experience with business drivers and how those relate to data pipeline delivery.
- Experience with an Agile and methodologies associated.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Effective communicator both verbal and written.
- Exceptional and proven leadership skills.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems independently with creative approaches.
- Ability to create clear goals and foster accountability/ownership.
- Skilled in balancing risk with time-to-market objectives.
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now. About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company's 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.