Role: Senior Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bowie, MD (Remote due to Covid now)
Full Time Role
Client is looking for a Senior Principal Software Engineer with Healthcare experience and focus on building large scale data platforms in the cloud. In this role, you will join our team in paving the future architecture of the Clients ONETM Platform for a rapidly growing part of our business.
As owners of one of the largest de-identified Healthcare datasets in the world, the opportunities are endless. The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills, experience in big data, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. At Client, we are changing the way healthcare is delivered.
For over 15 years, we have been in the business of using innovative technology to improve the efficiency and accuracy of healthcare delivery.
Today, we are changing the way patients are cared for, by providing unparalleled data and insights in real-time to doctors and patients when they need it most. Our employee philosophy is simple: We hire smart, talented people and trust them to do their thing.
As part of client, you’ll grow with a company that wants you to succeed.
To support you, we provide the teams, the latitude, the support and the culture so you can try new things, broaden your experience, and grow and succeed with us.
Join our team and help make a great place to do great work.
Responsibilities The responsibilities and duties of this position include:
- Design, build and maintain scalable data pipelines and access patterns related to Healthcare data.
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered on high-volume data processing in AWS.
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using tools and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Involve and Drive a culture of collaborative reviews of designs, code and test plans
- Work with business stake holders and architecture engineering leads to ensure quality solutions are implemented and engineering standard methodologies adhered to
- DevOps Focus -Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Seek complex data issues and perform root cause analysis
- Work across teams to resolve operational & performance issues
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by client for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company.
• Maintain compliance with client policies and procedures.
Qualifications Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field; or equivalent experience;
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 2 years’ experience with public cloud (AWS) including serverless architecture and cloud warehousing solutions.
- Strong experience using managed services and Infrastructure as a service.
· 6+ years of Strong Experience with Big Data and related processing frameworks such as EMR, Spark, and Airflow
· Strong programming experience in Python and Java/Scala preferred
· Hands on coder who understands the concepts behind distributed databases, batch and stream processing
· Experience in working with extremely large healthcare datasets, preferably in an architecture or lead role
· Strong familiarity with healthcare data formats including EDI and FHIR
- Architect and code solutions for large-scale ETL pipelines with data processing frameworks and sourcing data from a diverse array of sources
- Experience building microservices and event-based architectures
- Experience with AWS Security Architecture including IAM, Security groups and policies.
- Hands on experience with Terraform and/or cloud formation.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines in public cloud and creating a culture of automation.
- Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience working with scalable cloud-based data warehousing solutions such as Redshift, Snowflake · Systems engineering experience, including engineering, configuration, and management of Windows and Linux server environments
- Prior Experience in migration of applications to AWS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to adapt to changing business priorities and operational demands;
Extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies, and operational norms;
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field; or equivalent experience