Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients? success.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look firstand foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problemsthrough innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to applyyour depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the softwaredevelopment lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your manystakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace aculture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.You?ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment?onethat encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in thebest interests of our customers globally.
Commercial Banking IT is looking fora Big Data Software Engineer with skills and experience with large-scaleHadoop-based data platforms who will be responsible for design, development andtesting of a next generation enterprise data hub and reporting and analyticapplications. This individual will work with an existing development teamto create the new Hadoop-based platform and migrate the existing data platformsand provide production support. The current platform uses many toolsincluding Oracle SQL, SQL Server, SSIS, and SSRS/SSAS. The candidate willbe accountable for design, development, implementation and post-implementationmaintenance and support. The candidate will develop and test new interfaces,enhancements/changes to existing interfaces, new data structures, and newreporting capabilities.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Transforming existing ETL logic into Hadoop Platform
- Innovate new ways of managing, transforming and validating data
- Establish and enforce guidelines to ensure consistency, quality and completeness of data assets
- Apply quality assurance best practices to all work products
- Analyze, design and code business-related solutions, as well as core architectural changes, using an Agile programming approach resulting in software delivered on time and in budget;
- Experience of working in a development teams, using agile techniques and Object Oriented development and scripting languages, is preferred
- Comfortable learning cutting edge technologies and applications to greenfield projects
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
5+ Experience in a Big Data technology (Hadoop, YARN, Sqoop, Spark SQL, Nifi, Talend, Hive, Impala, etc.)
5+ years of Experience in Java Development
- Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI
- 3+ years of Experience with Python is preferred
- Experience performing data analytics on Hadoop-based platforms is preferred
- Experience in graph databases (esp Neo4j)
- Experience in writing SQL's
- Experience in Map Reduce
- Experience in implementing complex ETL transformations in Hadoop platform
- Strong Experience with UNIX shell scripting to automate file preparation and database loads
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with data management process in AWS
- Experience in data quality testing; adept at writing test cases and scripts, presenting and resolving data issues
- Experience in implementing distributed and scalable algorithms (Hadoop, Spark) is a plus
- Familiarity with relational database environment (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) leveraging databases, tables/views, stored procedures, agent jobs, etc.
- Familiarity with NoSQL database platforms is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency across the full range of database and business intelligence tools; publishing and presenting information in an engaging way is a plus
- Experience with multiple reporting tools (QlikView/QlikSense, Tableau, SSRS, SSAS, Cognos) is a plus
- Strong development discipline and adherence to best practices and standards.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-evolving business needs
- Demonstrated independent problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems
- Must be able to communicate complex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues at various levels of the organization and across multiple locations
- Financial Services and Commercial banking experience is a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11 annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.