One of the largest health insurers in the nation is focused on continuously building an industry-defining, world-class IT capability. Healthcare is forever evolving, especially due to emerging technologies, making this a great experience to add to your resume. Come join their winning team!
This contract to hire role
as a Big Data Sr. Developer
in Chicago, IL
is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications. Must know one or more programming languages and one or more development methodologies/delivery models.
You must be able to attend an in-person interview at our client's site (they will not hire off a phone screen or Skype interview).Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 6-year Information Technology experience OR 8 years Information Technology experience.
- Possess the ability to sit and perform computer entry for an entire work shift, as required.
- Possess the ability to manage workload, manage multiple priorities, and manage conflicts with customers/employees/managers, as applicable.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions on Big Data platforms such as Hadoop eco-system.
- Must have experience with strong UNIX shell scripting
- Must have experience with one of the IDE tools such as Eclipse.
- Must have working experience with Spark and Scala/Python.
- Must have experience with SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development).
- Must have experience with Problem-solving/analytical thinking
- Must have experience with leading a team of developers on projects and mentoring them as well.
- Preferred experience with NoSql Databases like HBASE, Mongo or Cassandra.
- Preferred experience with developing Pig scripts/Hive QL, SQOOP, UDF for analyzing all semi-structured/unstructured/structured data flows.
- Preferred experience with developing MapReduce programs running on the Hadoop cluster using Java/Python.
- Preferred experience using Talend with Hadoop technologies.
- Preferred experience with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Preferred experience in the data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems
- Preferred experience working in an Agile Matrix environment.
- Preferred experience working with multiple stakeholders with regards to Design, Systems change/configuration management, Business requirements management.
- Preferably a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Preferably with experience in Design, Development, Testing, and Deployment in Teradata and DataStage platforms
- Provide subject matter expertise to Service Delivery and other Center teams, as required.
- Contribute to product feature prioritization and technology roadmaps.
- Design, build and unit test highly scalable applications.
- Provide maintenance support to applications as required supporting incident escalations.
- Identify new technologies, trends, and opportunities.
- Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, sprint reviews.
- Provide basic design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development. Design, develop, and distribute reusable technical components.
- Assist in developing of technical documentation; participate in test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Define & develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for clients.
Solving IT is pleased to offer a rich benefit plan to our W2 employees. We offer four health plan options and a PPO dental plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Term Life/AD&D Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, and 401(k) Savings Plan. Solving IT subsidizes the health and dental premium for the employee.
As you continue to develop your skills and experience, Solving IT will work with your changing preferences to match you with rewarding projects. Our unrivaled reputation for quality is demonstrated through our Inavero Best of Staffing award that was won due to the feedback from our own clients and candidates. We also love to socialize and have fun so we have regularly scheduled parties and events for you to unwind and network with fellow consultants.
Whether you are searching for your next challenge or just looking to stay on top of market trends, Solving IT is committed to help position you appropriately. By leveraging the latest market and compensation data available, you can rest assured that you are getting more than just an informed opinion. You are getting the Solving IT Experience.