Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
General Dynamics Information Technology and CSRA have united to create the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. Together as General Dynamics Information Technology, we deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. The FDIC Enterprise network provides its engineers with access to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies in the network field. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. Engineers are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements - not managing day to day, same technology operations.
GDIT/CSRA seeks a BigFix Senior Systems Engineer for the FDIC Infrastructure team. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background. (Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed.) Successful candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate technical skills and engineering attitude for success, dedication and commitment.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
* Develop, implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures to support BigFix managed applications and agents
* Provide escalation support for technical support and assistance to junior administrators
* Interfaces with our client, other contractors, and internal team to present ideas and concepts for approval
* Makes business and technical recommendations for new initiatives
* Strategic member of a technical organization
* Install, configure, troubleshoot, patch, operate and manage BigFix on Windows
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution for BigFix and general patching issues on Windows systems
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned
* Participates in special projects as required
* Provides leadership and/or direction and/or supervision to lower level employees and teams
* Accountable to lead and guide the completion of major programs and projects
* Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in technical and business discussions with clients, teammates, vendors, partners and /or upper level managers
* Ability to manage and/or lead cross-functional teams for customer engagements
* Proven success oriented professional attitude
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
* Hands on experience with administering and monitoring BigFix 9.X production environment
* Operations experience in a variety of server based operating system - MS Server 2008 and above
* Strong knowledge of one or more of the following supporting MS tools (MDT, SCCM, SCOM, DNS, networking, storage, clustering)
* BigFix Relevance and Session Relevance Languages
* PowerShell scripting experience
* Working TEM/BigFix deployment experience
* Seven plus years of managing server level operations systems and platforms
* A BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
It would be great if you also had:
Experience with WMI queries and REGEX expressions
Experience with VMware virtualization technologies, especially automation based on VMware products
Preferred certifications include Microsoft
* RedHat, VMWare or CompTIA A+.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 3501 N Fairfax Dr (VAC008)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.