Position: Data and Analytics Software Developer
Location: Lafayette, LA
The candidate will be responsible for development of Data Retention solutions within the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) team by leveraging industry and big data platform tools. The objective of this position is to work with business and technical experts to implement data retention policies and practices related to managing our data from inception until disposal in a manner that optimizes storage and access at the lowest cost. The individual must have superb analytical and technical skills coupled with the ability to drive project deliverables. The individual will be expected to participate in collaborative concept definition, architectural refinement, design, development and realization of products that support the strategic technology needs to support the organization.
The applicant will be working in a team that demands technical excellence and whose members are expected to hold each other accountable in the overall success of the output. The qualifications and skills required or preferred below are as they relate to Information Lifecycle Management technologies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Ideal candidates should have:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent job experience preferred.
- At least 5 plus years of recent experience in designing, developing, deploying, and supporting enterprise applications as a Software Developer.
- Proven track-record of quality software development
- Experience creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and designing/integrating solutions.
- Drive complex ideas into an implementation plan
- Ability to evaluate the emerging vs. more established technologies
- Ability to perform detailed analysis both technical and business
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Health Insurance (optional)
- Strong automation background: emphasis on CI/CD, TDD, unit testing
- Required knowledge in using the following technologies:
o Good programming experience with Apache Spark
o Good programming experience with Scala
o Good programming experience with Python
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Function as a hands-on developer of the ILM-Data Retention team - participating in design, document, develop, deploy, and maintenance of processes using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Build solid and robust technical solutions to support the delivery of Enterprise Data Retention functions on-premise and cloud environments.
• Work closely with our Data Retention Execution team using this tool.
• Ensure adherence to existing strategic direction and architectural strategies.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRE
Minimum Education Required: BA/BS in Computer Science or relevant technology-related field. MS or MBA preferred.