Please note that this is a 8 months+ contract position.
Ideal candidate will be:
• Self-starter who once trained on any company/role specifics can really drive their day-to-day tasks with reliable initiative.
• Will serve in more of a functional vs creative role – administratively supporting and helping manager and department
o Will work with sales team, contracts, back up support for community team members, work with bulletins inserting new content when necessary
• Bi-lingual is a MUST – strong skills, will be used daily.
o Working in Spanish media division of client, 90% of the time using Spanish speaking, listening, reading and writing/editing skills.
o Spanish is used when working with some external customers, partners and audience
o English is used when working with internal customers and partners other company departments
• Someone new in their career, eager, recent grad is okay
o Looking for energy, go-getter, happy to jump in, “put out fires” as needed and wear multiple hats.
Editorial Assistant for client en Español (contract)
client, the leading pregnancy and parenting website in the US, is recruiting an Editorial Assistant for its US Spanish site, client en Español.
The Editorial Assistant will help develop content strategies and produce multi-platform content, making sure it aligns with client values and delivers against specific business goals. This position includes administrative tasks related to managing freelancers.
This is a full-time contract position in our San Francisco office. Remote work is not an option.
• Help build and follow up on production and sales calendars
• Help with content and video production tasks (look for images, put content in templates, build scripts, etc.)
• Help produce and track performance of weekly newsletters and editorial bulletins
• Help produce content for social media platforms
• Help manage freelancers
• Help create editorial content when necessary, by either translating, localizing, QA’ing.
• Native Spanish-speaker with impeccable command of written Spanish and good English skills
• A talent for crafting clickable teaser copy
• A deep interest in service journalism (particularly in the areas of parenting and women's and children's health).
• Some knowledge of SEO, web analytics, HTML
• Social media savvy. Follows the latest social trends and knows where the audience is.
• Knowledge of Excel and Power Point
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• The ability to manage different tasks and deliver on deadline
• Good communicator. Able to work with diverse teams
• A bachelor's degree
• One to three years of relevant experience a plus
For consideration, please reference job number 2410.
San Francisco, CAContact