US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 9,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 40 companies and have expanded to more than 300 locations serving 32 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
We are looking for a manager to create and deliver content in English and Spanish to support the training of our teams. Things you should know about working at US LBM :
How You Will Spend Your Days as Manager of Instructional Design and Delivery :
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- Partnering with the US LBM Culture team to ensure efficient development of engaging training content in multiple formats.
- Working with subject matter experts and identify target audience's training needs.
- Developing and manage the upkeep, review, and refresh of online courses as well as instructor led and virtual content.
- Applying tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods.
- Providing exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Managing the production, editing, and instructional design of all courses.
- Developing solutions that provide valuable, challenging, and productive learning experiences.
- Delivering training to our associates via multiple methods (instructor-led, virtual, blended, etc)
- Creating supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We'll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
- Prior experience in instructional design is required.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is required
- Experience working in a construction/building supply industry is preferred
- Experience developing and delivering employee development programs and solutions to an audience with a wide range of technical abilities.
- Effective in relationship building and project management.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and content development (SCORM, AICC, etc)
- Ability to travel and perform according to the requirements of the position