11495755 Research Associate/Biosample Lab Associate
Our client a Global Pharma is looking for a Contract Resource for a long term Contract Role in South San Francisco.
The Biosample Lab Associate (BLA) is responsible for performing activities and processes related to sample processing, tracking, storage, and transport of biological samples for clinical and non-clinical trials.
The BLA works under supervision and guidance of the Biosample processing Lab Manager to ensure that lab activities fulfill customer needs and is responsible for achieving operational excellence in quality, service level, cost and compliance.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for manual and/or automated sample processing for clinical specimens i.e. blood, serum, plasma, urine, stool, DNA/RNA aliquoting.
- Responsible for DNA/RNA isolation from various clinical sample types (Blood, Tissues, PBMCs, Plasma, Saliva, FFPE, Stool) on a routine basis, according to timelines set by the lab manager.
- Responsible for in-process QC methods to assess quality of samples.
- Responsible for process improvement, method development, qualification, and implementation of laboratory instruments
- Responsible for finding innovative methods to meet stakeholders need.
- Responsible for importing processed samples to LIMS.
- Responsible for receiving samples, accessioning samples into LIMS, and preparing samples for distribution to internal/external testing labs.
- Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory managing clinical or non-clinical samples
- Demonstrated experience in molecular techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, Picogreen & Ribogreen quantitation, Tape station, PCR, RT-PCR, Flow cytometry.
- Demonstrated experience in RNA work flows.
- Experience in utilizing a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation.
- Requires attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry, while maintaining study timelines.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, paired with partnering and performance skills.
- Team player with demonstrated good interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area.
- Good level of initiative and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with PC computer systems, including email and calendar applications and MS Office. Good organizational skills, multitasking, ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
Good written and oral communication skills.
- Customer orientated mind-set.
- Experience with RNA Sequencing, Flowcytometry
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of RNA handling and analysis
- Working knowledge of laboratory functions (ex. LIS, LIMS, Quality, etc.)
- Computer skills in laboratory informatics systems and data processing.
- Experience working in multi-cultural teams
Education / Qualifications:
Minimum: BS Degree in science and 3-5 years of lab experience handling biological samples and experience in Molecular Biology techniques
Preferred: MS with >3 years of hands-on experience handling biological samples and Molecular Biology techniques in a Pharma/Biotechnology or academic biosample repository labs or clinical labs.
- DATA ENTRY
- FLOW CYTOMETRY
- LAB TECHNICIAN
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- MS OFFICE
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
- RNA EXTRACTION
- TEAM PLAYER
- CLINICAL OPERATIONS
- CLINICAL TRIALS
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT