Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today! Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is currently searching for a Bioinformatics Analyst
to support a Scientific IT Program. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in the Washington, DC Metro area
Serves as the Bioinformatics Analyst for Program at the Food and Drug Administration.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and specialized solutions to complex problems.
- Create novel analytics and perform analyses, develop studies, and reports.
- Provide high level expertise in the application of technology to areas of interest including Public Health Informatics; statistics, bio-statistics, mathematics; specific tools and data resources relevant to the federal health mission including SAS, Epi Info, etc.; applying sound quantitative data and methods to support deployment of resources for massive public health surveillance, prevention and intervention campaigns and related health activities.
- Provide expertise across a wide variety of IT areas as applied to public health, including information retrieval technology, decision science, web technology, data mining, expert systems, networking, public health science, and education.
- Provide expertise in the integration of a variety of heterogeneous public health information systems and databases the sharing and dissemination of public health information; in the interaction of information security technology and the requirements for privacy and confidentiality of public health data; with national and/or international standards development activities such as HL7, X12, WSC; and in the application of advanced scientific visualization technology to public health science and practice.
- MS plus fifteen (15) years of experience with at least five (5) years of specialized bioinformatics experience.
- PhD plus ten (10) years of experience including at least five (5) years of specialized bioinformatics experience.
- Computer Scientist, Engineer, Mathematician, Statistician, Epidemiologist, or Applied Scientist with relevant experience in implementing, evaluating, or applying analytics techniques and tools to solve problems in scientific disciplines. Example techniques include modeling, simulation, statistical analysis, data mining, machine learning, and optimization.
- Experience in research organizations.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.