Bioinformatics Liaison - NIH - RTP, NC
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Liaison
to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Research Triangle Park, NC. OVERVIEW.
This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
The contractor shall:
- Collaborate with the mass spectrometry group to recommend and perform computational approaches for analyzing and interpreting proteomic/metabolomic data as well as prepare and present the results based on the scientific objectives.
- Conduct routine data analyses; develop customized analytical strategies for each project; deliver summary reports and visualization of results; assist with interpretation.
- Support the mass spectrometry group in developing custom pipelines for data acquisition, metadata tagging, management and archiving.
- Develop and maintain custom software and pipelines as well as evaluate and utilize commercial and open source software for proteomics and metabolomic analyses.
- Establish reproducible data analysis pipelines and standard operating procedures; provide detailed documentations for methodologies so they can be reproduced and applied to similar studies.
- Develop analytical approaches to integrate multiple omic data generated internally as well as use of publicly available datasets.
- Proficiently apply statistical software and associated bioinformatics packages related to mass spectrometry-based omic data.
- Collaborate with staff on design and development of major proteomics and metabolomics-related programming projects; write custom scripts; develop novel analytic methodology.
- Write data analysis sections of manuscripts, prepare publication quality figures, and deposit data to external repositories that meet publication requirements.
- Provide ad hoc trainings and hands-on workshops on the use of computational proteomics tools, data analyses and interpretation; provide technical expertise for software and tools.
- Attend group meetings with scientists and diverse technology specialists; present findings to individuals and groups.
- Update job knowledge and remain current with emerging technologies, advances in biology, chemical biology, proteomics, and bioinformatics.
The contractor must have:
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.; five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a mass spectrometry-based proteomics or metabolomics research environment or in a core facility setting.
- General knowledge of common proteomic and metabolomic assays and techniques including LC/MS/MS. This knowledge could arise from coursework, conferences, tutorials or seminars.
- Knowledge and experience with mass spectrometry-based proteomics, metabolomics or lipidomics data analysis, open sources programs, commercial software and public data resources.
- Proficiency in working in a UNIX/LINUX environment, and with at least one UNIX based scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc,),
- Proficiency with statistical/mathematical software such as R/MATLAB or equivalent and associated bioinformatics libraries/packages.
- Experience in developing and implementing algorithms and pipelines for the processing omics data.
- Experience with proteomics, metabolomics or lipidomics data.
- Ability to write manuscripts for publication, and record of high-quality publications and oral presentations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team, including laboratory scientists, bioinformaticians, statisticians, and data analysts.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.Why Kelly ® ?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly ®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.