Description Job Description:
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Supporting and assisting the UK Home Office staff in troubleshooting either the Test and Development (TAD) environment or assisting members of the UK HOBS program in the UK resolving issues
- Support the development of hardware or software solutions for the current environment including the TAD and the production environment
- Continue to build documentation of the UK HOBS program covering procedures, designs and other as direct by the PM
- Working as an expert on the UK HOBS program with historical technical knowledge and guiding the UK HOBS team in making sure that we achieve SLA's and meet schedule.
- Being a member of the engineering team for system enhancements and moving the environment to the cloud
- Use the current knowledge and technical talent on other Biometric programs being pursued across the Leidos portfolio.
- Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding for biometric systems within Leidos.
- Performs traditional trade studies for technical solutions in support of the UK HOBS IDENT1 system
- Duties include updating documents, support engineering and design reviews, configuration control boards in support of the UK HOBS IDENT1 system.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results. Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of function's strategy and operations that could be used across multiple Leidos Biometric programs including UK HOBS and DoD ABIS.
- Required to resolve highly complex problems of the UK HOBS and DoD ABIS programs as well as support potential proposal activities involving biometric systems.
- Work closely with other organizations within Leidos in support of complex technical solutions for biometric systems such as UK HOBS and DoD ABIS.
- Must be a ==== and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 10-13 years of prior relevant experience
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Prior knowledge of the UK IDENT1 environments including both production and test/development
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation.
External Referral Bonus:
- Current member of the UK IDENT1 team
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.