Blockchain Application Developer; local to Pittsburgh or Denver
This position will involve the ongoing development and support of a distributed web application at our client. The candidate will be responsible for translating business requirements into cost-effective solutions, designing and developing those solutions with minimal supervision, and troubleshooting and supporting production systems. This position will also participate in the ongoing effort to modernize the platform and keep abreast of current best-practices.
The Senior Application Developer (Blockchain) plays a key role in our client's implementation of titlegenius. This resource supports the existing team to deliver a timely completion of MVPs for the titlegenius business. This Senior Application Developer will support the Blockchain IT workstream, which is currently fully supported by contingent worker resources. The goal is to flip this resource to a full time employee assuming they are a good fit with the team.
**Position Location: Must sit in either our Pittsburgh or Denver offices, when we are released to return. No relocation assistance is provided.
What You Will Do
- Analyze application requests and business requirements for completeness and feasibility.
- Estimate, design, prototype, develop, document, and unit test solutions to business problems on a project by project basis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with production systems, including applications that were built by other teams.
- Provide 2nd tier, off-hours remote support, and Participate in the production release activities as needed.
- Mentor team members and aid in assigning work to engineers within the delivery team.
- Review programs developed by offshore team and provide comments, feedback and suggestions to Application Architect and other developers.
- Participate in the daily design and implementation activities of core subsystems for new features, enhancements and revisions.
- Support the enterprise platform as needed and provide instant hot-fixes for critical issues as needed.
Who We Are Looking For
- A proven understanding of SOA, and development of applications using this model.
- At least seven years of Java development experience, working on large-scale J2EE applications in a BEA WebLogic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- High level of energy and enthusiasm. Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and advanced problem solving skills.
- Proven experience in Enterprise Application Architecture with a knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data modeling, messaging, session, Java Serialization, Java persistence, XML, JSON, SOAP, SOA, JavaMail, Web Services, Restful Web Services, Struts framework and related Java EE technologies.
- Experience in transactional middleware implementations (Microsoft BizTalk), high-volume SQL database * applications (SQL Server), JDBC transactions, JDBC connection pools, concurrent programming issues, and critical section implementations in a leading J2EE environment like WebSphere or WebLogic application servers.
- Network programming experience with TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS streams with XML, JSON and text messages.
- Experience in use of Quality Center and StarTeam in a development environment.
- Experience in use of Jenkins and GIT for software deployment
- Experience in Blockchain Development; OOP, Java 8+ / Gradle, Familiarity with Kotlin, Bash scripting, Basic understanding of Docker + Kubernetes, Knowledge of Relational Databases
- Ability to research new technologies and create conceptual models or solutions and present them to high-level audience cross business, applications and technology domains.
- Experience with JRules and Microsoft BizTalk (not mandatory).
- Technical: 8 - 10 years
- Supervisory: None
For more information please contact Mark Reilly at ext 206 or
- Required: Bachelor s Degree, Concentration in B.S. Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.