Apex Systems, the nation's second largest IT staffing firm, has an immediate opportunity for a Break/Fix Technician to support one of our top clients in Englewood, Colorado. Please find the details below. If interested please email your resume and best phone number to Diana McDermott at for consideration
Job Title: Break/Fix Technician
Location: Englewood, Colorado ( Onsite not remote)
Shift: Monday-Friday 7-4 PM
Duration: long term rolling contract
Pay: $19-23 per hour (negotiable based on experience)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects required documentation; verifies conformance of documents with standards.
- Assesses accuracy of detailed information.
- Tracks, maintains and produces regular and ad hoc reports.
- Handles detailed, structured problems.
- Identifies roadblocks to task completion and effectively brings them to leadership for resolution.
- Generally uses existing procedures to resolve standard problems.
- Works on assignments where judgment is required a majority of the time.
- Performs troubleshooting, parts replacement, system upgrades, advanced deployment, and repair on desktops / notebooks/printers.
- Uses advanced tools / technical knowledge to remediate customer problems and conduct scheduled installs.
- Provides technical feedback on technical process issues to improve overall service delivery.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficient in Windows operating system environment; knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems is helpful.
- Strong customer interaction skills.
- Some knowledge of Mac books will be required.
- At least one industry standard certification such as CompTIA A+, Net+, or Security+.
- Physically able to lift and move Enterprise and Client technology hardware in our customer environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with emphasis in customer service, including experience handling difficult customer and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of basic principles, methods, technologies and practices of a professional/technical field.
- Apply a basic understanding of the underlying principles of a professional discipline - typically obtained through formal study.
- Ability to relate actual day- to-day work to business priorities.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at