Under general supervision of the Superintendent of Broadband Operations, the Network Administrator position supports the City s Community Broadband Network (Broadband). This position provides network operations support for Broadband including but not limited to design, sales, maintenance, customer deployments, and troubleshooting. Moderate interaction with the public is required. The Network Administrator supports and maintains all Broadband network systems.
- Ensures maximum uptime of the CBN network by planning, reviewing, testing, and applying configurations to all network equipment, often during designated maintenance windows.
- Troubleshoots large networks using diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, SNMP, and PRTG. Routinely troubleshoots concurrent problems in high-stress situations.
- Designs, deploys, configures, maintains, and operates devices consisting including but not limited to switches, routers, wireless access points, servers, and other carrier grade infrastructure.
- Provides effective communication to team members regarding various pieces of networking technology as needed.
- Manages multiple projects and issues under demanding time constraints and shifting priorities.
- Acts as Broadband s subject matter expert (SME) regarding all networking operations.
- Administers existing Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity systems and all cisco endpoints.
- Configures and deploys customer premise equipment connecting customers to the City s broadband network utilizing GPON technologies.
- Keeps apprised of emerging technology through training, education and industry publications. Mentors and trains staff regarding advanced technologies.
- Interacts frequently with City staff, local businesses, suppliers and the public.
- Maintains a positive work attitude and high levels of professionalism at all times.
- Develops and maintains support documentation including network maps, change description documents, configuration descriptions, and how-to for installations will be routine for this person.
- Provides standby coverage for a minimum of 42 days per year and a maximum of 365 days per year; provides an immediate response to customer inquiries and automatic monitoring messages.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Broadband Operations; may require after hours work on special projects.
STANDBY: Provide standby coverage for a minimum of 42 days per year and a maximum of 365 days per year. Standby duty requires knowledge of core Broadband systems and fiber optic infrastructure. Standby coverage requires immediate response to customer inquiries and automated monitoring messages. Provide call out assistance to the Broadband departments for after-hours and weekend high-priority issues. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of core Broadband systems and fiber optic infrastructure
- This position requires a strong background in routing and switching protocols.
- Patience and determination in order to work with vendors in order to resolve critical network issues.
- Knowledge of OSI model and fundamental network operation
- High level troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of carrier networking
- Ability to multitask and stay organized under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail and planning ability
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email, and verbally.
- Ability to work with clients regarding engineering problems, confer with customer contacts while communicating with the Superintendent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge and experience with computerized operations and GIS based documentation systems.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make good sound decisions based on information given.
- High level understanding of the following, non-exhaustive list of protocols: STP, OSPF, BGP, LACP, ERPS, GPON, 802.1ad, 802.1q, IPv4, IPv6, ICMP, DHCP, DNS, SSH, Ethernet, VPN, SNMP, SIP, RADIUS, TACAS, and others
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
B.S. in Information Technology (IT) with a Network emphasis or a relevant combination of experience, skills, certification and education.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent certification.
- 5-7 years of enterprise networking experience.
- History of job progression within the field.
- Relevant industry networking certifications.
- FTTH networking experience.
- Proficiency in Cisco IOS, Junos OS, and Calix AXOS/CMS